1. What are the key trends for Spring/Summer 2016?
I’m loving the Modern Tailoring looks for racing as well as the Pretty Pastels, Monochrome, Bold graphics, 70’s Glam and of course the modern take on 80’s sophisticated and sculptural shapes .
2. What’s the most extravagant headpiece you have created?
One of my favourite clients had a myths and legends party for a well known international designer and wanted to go as a Phoenix or Valkeryi so we made a dramatic winged piece that trailed behind her – she had to custom build a box to travel to England with it!
3. What do race-goers need to keep in mind when choosing the right race-day headwear?
Stay true to their sense of style and channel the best of yourself in the elegance and glam department. Impeccable grooming is essential and often overlooked.
4. What would be your favourite design in your collections over time?
I have had a lifetime love of punk so my feathered mohawks are my all time fave!
5. Where do you source your fabrics and materials for the pieces you create?
No country is overlooked – I am continually searching the world for new and antique supplies.
6. Any tips for your race-day essentials?
A good blow-dry and a mani/pedi will set you up to look your best. And I always try to wear in new heels before taking them to the track – it’s a long day on your feet!
7. Who are your favourite race wear designers?
I am a huge fan of Vivienne Westwood, so 9 times out of 10 I will wear her clothes. Miu Miu and Valentino both do feminine and modern race appropriate looks really well.
8. Your dream muse sporting your headpiece?
Tough call between Patti Smith, Lou Dillon and Johnny Depp.
9. The most coveted headpiece this season?
My new Zatanna and Jessie’s Girl floral headpieces as well as the Dolcevita bow.
10. If you could collaborate with anyone on a bespoke design, who would it be?
Vivienne Westwood. No need to explain!