- HYDRATING FACE MISTA good face mist is heavenly on a hot face and a saviour if you need to freshen up your makeup between meetings. For a cheap and cheerful spray that you can take from the beach to the office try Evian’s water spray – it’s no frills (it’s under $10!) but an all-round crowd pleaser, you can spray all day without breaking the bank. For something a little more luxurious check out The Queen of Hungary Mist from Omorovicza, it smells like the inside of a spa, making your “freshen up” a serious treat-yo’self kind of moment. For extra satisfaction on a hot day, keep your facial sprays in the fridge and throw in your handbag at the last minute. It will make your morning walk to the bus stop much more blissful.
- SWITCH FOUNDATION TO TINTED MOISTURISERFoundation devotees be warned – Sydney summer is not the time to be heavy handed with the foundation unless you plan on your face sliding halfway down your neck by lunchtime. Instead, opt for a tinted moisturiser such as Laura Mercier’s Oil-Free Tinted Moisturiser or Loreal’s Nude Magique, which will even out your skin tone creating an illuminated even complexion, giving you that “dewy look” rather than a hot, smudgy mess.
- SPF IS KEYI’m sure this is no surprise, however so many women still do not use an SPF daily. It brings us back to the days of thick, white layers smeared on our backs as kids that has scarred us for life when it comes to sun protection. And no ladies, unfortunately the SPF 15+ in your tinted moisturiser does not count. Those pesky Aussie rays are still doing serious damage during your short walk to the office, through windows and while you are driving. Try Invisible Zinc 50+, available at Priceline in several different formulations that cater for all your skin protective needs.
- WATERPROOF (AHEM, SWEAT PROOF WE MEAN!) EYE MAKEUPWaterproof makeup isn’t just for the beach. When leaving the comfort of your office aircon, running between meetings, you need a mascara that won’t smudge or flake away. By staying clear of the “Panda look,” we advise trying Dior’s Diorshow Black Out Waterproof Mascara. It’s a long time cult favourite that is our “never fail,” however if you are looking for something a little more affordable try Maybelline’s Colossal Volum’ Express Waterproof Mascara because you shouldn’t have to sacrifice long voluminous lashes for practicality.
- PERFUME – IN AN UNCONVENTIONAL WAY…In the humid, can-barely-breathe kind of heat, that is typically our Aussie summer, normal perfumes evaporate fast from the skin. To keep yourself smelling fresh all day, try a hair perfume instead. It will last from the AM to the PM and ensure a trail of scent will follow in your wake. Try Elizabeth & James Nirvana for a light summer floral scent or Miss Dior Silky Hair Mist for a sweeter fresher scent.
IMAGERY VIA THE VAULT ONLINE PINTERST